<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

5.29.2012

Vanilla

On my quest to search the internet for halal vanilla extract i came across this nice shop named Vanilla Mart their halal vanilla extract is quite expensive about Ā£14 so i opted for  vanilla beans as they are cheap as chips compared with supermarket prices!
I ordered the gourmet indian vanilla pods rather than the more famous madagascan variety and im ashamed to say i never knew india produced vanilla beans, how food uncultured am i? The GOOD news is the flavour for me is equally as delicious as its more expensive cousin.
This weeks mission it to bake it... using vanilla, care to join me?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 30 May 2012 at 09:25 , Blogger Noor said...

I also buy the vanilla beans.. They are better anyway.

 
At 31 May 2012 at 19:54 , Blogger Melissa said...

I've never used the bean before, but I really want to try it and found a place online selling in the US and I think I'm going to order a couple. Any tips?

 
At 31 May 2012 at 20:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes sister, store the pods in a airtight container in the cupboard not the fridge, once you have split, scraped and used the seeds in your recipe, put the rest of the pod inside your sugar jar after a few days you will have vanilla sugar, use to flavour drinks and in ur baking inshAllah oh and you can use both the sugar and pod to make vanilla simple syrup.

 
At 3 June 2012 at 21:24 , Blogger Mouna said...

Ymmmmmy Ymmmmy
:))))

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home