<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

9.15.2012

The Creamiest Nutella Ice Cream!



I know i shouldn't...i really shouldn't but what do you do when your in the ice cream making mood, there is no milk left in the fridge and a big pot of double cream? Yes, make the most creamiest nutella ice cream there as ever been.....FOR REAL!

I have come across other more, more healthy versions of nutella ice cream like this one which mine is based on but instead of using unsweetened evaporated milk i used double cream, oh yes.

You start off by warming nutella in the microwave on 10-15second boosts until it becomes well melted chocolate, then you pour in the double cream give it a whisk, have a quick taste, your checking it's sweet enough?! add a tablespoon at a time of icing sugar if needed. Pour into your ice cream maker and in less than 15 minutes you will have the creamiest nutella ice cream you will have ever tasted!

Another reason i shouldn't have made this ice cream as whilst i were busy taking snaps in the kitchen, my 2 children got out their play doh ice cream maker and made lots of ice cream themselves that stuck right onto my carpet! That'll teach me.

Recipe

 

Ingredients

1 cup nutella, slightly warm
2 cup double cream, chilled (To be fair, you could substitute 1 cup for whole milk or single cream if you want, as the nutella itself thickens the ice cream as it churns and freezes anyway)
Icing Sugar * to taste

Method

Melt the nutella in a microwavable bowl on 15 second short bursts, stirring in between then pour contents into a large heat proof bowl.

Pour the double cream into the nutella and whisk until you see a sea of light brown, check for sweetness and add icing sugar if needed.

Freeze according to your ice cream maker manufacturer instructions, should take no longer than 10 minutes.

 Eat or freeze in a suitable container until required.

As this ice cream is extra thick, you will need to leave it out on the counter top for at least 15minutes before the desired consistency for spreading between wafers for an ice cream sandwich.

Use sprinkles to decorate or even some chopped roasted hazelnuts.
 
optional: - Melt a heaped teaspoon of nutella in the microwave and spread on top of your ice cream sandwich, use a cocktail stick to make a nice swirl pattern.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 15 September 2012 at 12:01 , Blogger Amna said...

Oh I am so in love with the pictures, I am sure it tasted really good as well.

 
At 15 September 2012 at 23:25 , Blogger Melissa said...

Salam alaikum, wow, that looks delicious! I think it's a good thing I don't have an ice cream maker, hehe!

 
At 16 September 2012 at 00:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh.My.Goodness! That looks AMAZING...mashaAllah! You can probably tell that I LOVE Nutella. I'm totally making this, inshaAllah!

 
At 16 September 2012 at 09:21 , Blogger Unknown said...

Alhamduillah it really did, next time I make it though I will substitute half of the double cream for milk....just to be a litte healthier!? 👍

 
At 16 September 2012 at 09:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa alaikum Salam,

Thank you sis, you know you coud probably make this without a ice cream maker by Simply whisking the nutella and cream together, pour into a freeze proof box (great way to recycle an old ice cream tub) and freeze, if you want it to be lighter then use less double cream and use milk but also mix the ice cream every hour or so once whilst it is freezing.

i think I've convinced u enough hehehe

 
At 16 September 2012 at 09:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you sis and inshAllah I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...come back and let me know.

 
At 17 September 2012 at 11:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks amazing :D If you don't mind me asking, what camera do you use?

 
At 17 September 2012 at 11:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Of course i don't mind you asking : ), i'm using a samsung compact digital camera PL221 16MP, £75 from Argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5597020.htm

BUT i must say for the photos in this and my previous post i edited the look/style of the photos using 'actions' in the photo editing program photoshop.

 
At 17 September 2012 at 12:52 , Blogger Noor said...

WOW mashAllah this does look amazing I will take a cone please :)

 
At 17 September 2012 at 15:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

Esalaamu aleikoum I agree it does look delicous, sorry I don't have an ice cream maker either, but you are welcome to send me some! hehe

 
At 17 September 2012 at 21:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, here ��can you see the emoticon?

 
At 17 September 2012 at 21:56 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa alaikum salam sis, lol thank you for the visit and it's in the post! 😂

 
At 18 September 2012 at 19:59 , Blogger Mouna said...

it looks so delicious
Masha'allah :))

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home