<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

10.04.2012

I Changed My Mind Again!

Salam Alaikum / Hello,

Thank you all for being ever so patient with me and my changes which are now unchanged? what am i talking about? well i made my blog readers invite only BUT....... my posts were no longer showing in google reader and to cut it a long story short it's just easier and more convenient i keep the blog open.

My blog isn't personal as such i mean i don't divulge too much info! but my personality in my writing style comes across (i hope) and i don't feel great about the opposite sex having any piece of me.

When i found that a man (a muslim man at that) could read or would want to comment i felt quite put off the blogging experience because my blog is aimed at women only NOT that i discourage a man to get in the kitchen and cook for his wife and family no, that is something i champion at least every once in a while but you know i just don't feel comfortable with the men and woman interacting for no valid reason even in the virtual sense because it's not something permissible in the laws of my religion/Islam.

Anyway, i hope i made myself clear on the whole subject and please if you are a man and do follow my blog your free to take and use the recipes but i don't want to communicate i.e. comments with you in any shape or form unless of course you want to go through my husband? any comments from men that find will be deleted.

JazakAllah Khairan & Thank you for reading (assuming google reader is now publishing my posts again! lol)

*I DISOVERED AFTER WRITING MY POST THAT MY GOOGLE READER WAS SUBSRIBED TO MY OLD BLOG ADDRESS OOOOPS! TO SUBSCRIBE AGAIN CLICK THE ORANGE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON WHEN YOUR IN GOOGLE READER AND ADD MY WEB ADDRESS www.athomewithasmaa.blogspot.co.uk


 

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5 October 2012 at 07:29 , Blogger Karima said...

More work for you! It is a hard decision on how to work your blog but with no contact from men! I don't wish to have contact with men either - I probably have only had 2 comments from men in 2 years of blogging (and that was because I was promoting my facebook page - so I stopped doing that!)- I just give a quick thanks for commenting and leave it at that. I don't get into big conversations and I don't visit their blogs. I have been lucky none have come back. Some may think it is rude but that is my choice to stay away from communicating with men. If a man wanted to keep commenting I think I would delete the comments as you said too! Hopefully you won't have any problems. Take Care.

 
At 5 October 2012 at 08:04 , Blogger Unknown said...

salam alaikum karima,

JazakAllah Khairan sister for your support and yes only 1 man commented so far and let's hope it's the last inshaAllah

 
At 5 October 2012 at 12:46 , Blogger khadijah said...

assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu!

i simply agree with you and the whole male issue....what is the point for them to comment anyway? if they want to cook for their wife they should just get their wives to browse your blog and relay the recipe to them! fear Allah!! I have men trying to comment on my blog all the time but alhamdulilah i filter all comments before i can post any! and it really does come in handy! have you tried that?!
xo
Khadijah

 
At 5 October 2012 at 22:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6 October 2012 at 10:11 , Blogger Unknown said...

wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu sisters,

onelovelymuslimah - oh yes you reminded me there is that option of approving every comment, shukran.

Sanaa - i read your comment (i got it via e-mail) shukran <3

 
At 7 October 2012 at 00:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's annoying and weird to me when I see men commenting on sisters blogs, especially when the content really doesn't concern men.
Inshallah they got the message!

 
At 8 October 2012 at 13:46 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have this same problem and they always say something silly like "can I use straighteners on my beard" I don't see the point.

 
At 12 October 2012 at 16:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't received any comments from men but I don't think my blog is geared toward men.If I ever receive a comment from one, I think I would just say thanks for stopping by.In the end it's your blog and you can allow who sees it or not.

 
At 2 March 2013 at 21:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

I hate that too. Its so annoying. Alhamdulillah i dont get any men communicating with me now. I did when i first started to blog. I just kindly informed them i am married and a muslimah and its forbidden to approach a sister. And deleted the comments and emails.
However lately i have been quiet horrified that some people search for X-rated content and get directed to my blog. When i looked up what searches people use to get to my blog i was shocked at some words used.

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home