<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

3.05.2013

Rosy Lee (Tea)

Asalam Alaykum Sisters, Hello readers,


Yorkshire Tea for Hard Water is what i am currently drinking, it's a rich and satisfying blend of black tea and although i am not 100% sure we have hard water in our Town, i do taste the difference in this tea to others i've tasted before. Even with the addition of milk it's a much cleaner and stronger flavour.

Water described as “hard” is high in dissolved minerals, specifically calcium and magnesium. Hard water is not a health risk, but a nuisance because of mineral buildup on fixtures and poor soap and/or detergent performance (i have noticed i have to use more detergent in addition to a cleaning tablet to get a bettter performance from my washing machine).

In case you were wondering Rosy Lee is cockney rhyming slang (London's famous not so secret, secret language lol) for Tea.

In Victorian times tea merchants would blend tea to suit the water in their area. So it only makes sense to bring an old tradition like that back to suit us Tea loving Brits.

I found this info graphic a while ago via pinterest and thought i would share it with you all.

Are you more of a Tea or Coffee drinker? or neither? Tell me your favourite drink in your comment.

Thank you for asking, i take my Tea with milk and 2tsp sugar please (smiles)

* I have not been paid or asked to advertise or write a review for Yorkshire Tea.
**Sources of information used to write this post
https://www.taylorsofharrogate.co.uk/teaitem.asp?itmid=1091
http://www.hardwater.org/
 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5 March 2013 at 22:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam alaikum, your mug is so cute! I prefer tea to coffee. We usually make Turkish tea in our home. But I need to get a new tea pot, I've had one for almost 9 years and the seal on the spout for the upper pot broke and was leaking tea all over the stove! lol
I like my tea black, no sugar. I've never tried milk in my tea before, I just can't bring myself to try it! I don't like milk too much anyways. Maybe someday I'll get up the courage to try it though!

 
At 6 March 2013 at 03:06 , Blogger Unknown said...

Asalam waliykum.

I <3 Coffee and Tea. I love my Moroccan tea. But now and then have a good old tea bag :D
Although i must add that both tea and coffee can increase risk of Kidney stones... So always be sure to drink plenty of water. More water then Tea or Coffee. I am in the Health profession :D
Try to reduce consumption of Tea and coffee to 1-2 times a day Max.

 
At 6 March 2013 at 06:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaykum Salam Melissa,

You know it's good you don't have milk in your tea because it can reduce some of the health benefits tea has on our body.
I always use tea bags but i would like to get a tea pot even if i just use tea bags inside it just because my nan and grandad always brewed their tea in a pot and nan used to collect teapots :)

 
At 6 March 2013 at 06:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaykum Salam,
I got to ask you, have you tried the Lipton Moroccan tea bags and are they an authentic flavour? i like them much more than the authentic Algerian mint tea I've tried.
Yes i have heard tea and coffee can dehydrate you in contrary to what the info-graphic said and i do limit myself to 2 cups a day usually because i'm pregnant masha'Allah : )

 
At 6 March 2013 at 09:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam alayki Asmaa.....I am a self confessed tea addict. With three of my pregnancies it made me sick and it was torture not being able to drink it so I resorted to drinking herbal teas and hot water. Now I avoid herbal teas except mint. I am trying to drink water daily but it is proving to be difficult. We drink PG Tips but will drink any tea our neghbours give us if we run out at an awkward hour! lol

 
At 7 March 2013 at 10:19 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wa Alaykum Salam Sanaa,

During my first few months of pregnancy i didn't drink tea of any sort for whatever reason i just didn't have the urge but now i am further into my pregnancy i do like a good'ol cuppa lol

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home